Posted Tuesday, June 14th, 2011 by & filed under FAQs.

The USGS Web site Water Resources of the United States can direct you to information about your local water body. Under the heading “Local Information” click on “Local Websites & USGS Contacts in Your State!” There you can select your state on a map to find local information. Below “Local Information” on this site is a link to “Connections.” If you click on the link “Search USGS Websites” and type a name (such as “Mississippi”) in the Search field and then click “seek”, a list of search results is shown.