Manually Regenerating Your Kinetico Water Softener
If your salt storage tank does run out of salt, you can manually regenerate the unit after adding salt, or you can wait for it to go through regeneration automatically.
Note: If your hot water tank has refilled with hard water, it may take several days for it to empty and for your water to feel soft again.
– From the Kinetico Owner’s Manual
- Using a #2 Phillips screwdriver, push down firmly on the softener valve screw (Fig. 4)
- Slowly turn clockwise until the actuator has advanced the indicator dot to the “BRINE” position (Fig. 4).
- You should hear at least five “clicks” while turning the screw before the indicator dot reaches the “BRINE” position.
- At this point you should hear water begin to run through the system. If you do not hear water running through the system, the indicator dot has not been advanced far enough.
- Repeat the procedure for manual regeneration after the water flow stops (11 to 90 minutes, depending on the model) to be sure both resin tanks are regenerated.